Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

Whilst we canít tell you much about Martins Bankís sub branch at Denton Burn, we are fortunate enough to have in our collection, part of the original fibreglass coat of arms sign from outside the building.Amongst the other items rescued from the branch are the coin scales and also counter leaflet display unit shown below, which we have filled with the1960s leaflets that would have been displayed at this sub Branch during its short life.Special thanks to Jeff and Pauline Williams, for their forward thinking when they originally rescued these items!

Sep 1.jpg

1964 Newcastle Denton Burn Interior 2 BGA Ref 30-1996

Image © Barclays Ref: 0030/1996

Sep 1.jpg

Denton Burn opens in 1964, as a sub-branch to NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE WINGROVE, but it lasts for just six years until the merger with Barclays in 1969Ö

Sep 1.jpg

 

1960s Customer Leaflet Stand

Sep 1.jpg

1964 Newcastle Denton Burn Interior 1 BGA Ref 30-1996

Denton Burn Sign 2.jpg

MARTINS BANK SCALES & LEAFLETS 1

Images © Martins Bank Archive Collection

Image © Barclays Ref: 0030/1996

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

info

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-56-90 Denton Burn

Sub to 11-56-90 Newcastle Wingrove

1 Broadwood Road Denton Burn Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 7FX

370 North Eastern

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

Newcastle upon Tyne 676344

Nightsafe installed

Mr R J Pearson Manager (Wingrove)

1964

12 December 1969

Currently

Opened by Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Tattooist Centre

Gutinfo.jpg

<,