Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

10.5

1930RMartins Bank’s Manchester Foreign Branch operates at the former Head Office of the Mercantile Bank of Lancashire – Mosley Street – from 1930, until 1934 when the Bank closes its Branch Counter service and moves the Foreign Department to Manchester City Office at 47 Spring Gardens.  Manchester Foreign eventually becomes known as Manchester Overseas until the 1969 merger with Barclays, when the title "Foreign" is used once more.

Sep 1.jpg

 

1929 Mosley Street Foreign Listing in ARA - MBA

 

Sep 1.jpg

EXTRACT FROM MARTINS BANK ANNUAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS FOR 1929

© BARCLAYS

Sep 1.jpg

As Manchester Foreign is closed well before the first edition of Martins Bank Magazine is published, there are no stories to bring you from this particular branch. We of course have a page for Manchester Overseas Branch, and we have found the of one member of staff whose service includes two years at Mosley Street working in the Foreign Department, and they make up the entire “Staff Gallery” below!

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

 

Sep 1.jpg

OVER

1952 to 1966 Mr C Holland Pro Manager MBM-Su66P57

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

Mr Clarence Holland

On the Staff

1932

 

 

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-526 Manchester Foreign

Overseas Trade and Foreign Currency Branch

26 Mosley Street Manchester 2

732 Manchester

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

CITy 2200

Foreign Banking Services

Not known

 

1898

1 July 1904

3 January 1928

1930

1934

Mosley Street opened by Mercantile Bank of Lancashire

Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank

Martins Bank Limited

Manchester Foreign Branch opened

Closed and business transferred to 47 Spring Gardens

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg