Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Sep 1.jpg

A Branch at Liverpool Custom House is opened around 1899 by the Bank of Liverpool,  which becomes the Bank of Liverpool and Martins Limited in 1918.  Custom House then operates as a full branch until 1927 when the business is transferred from 21 Park Lane to 32 Canning Place.  Somewhat confusingly, Canning Place Branch is listed as Custom House Branch for a number of years, until 1948 when it becomes known only as Canning Place Branch.   Our staff gallery below shows those faces who are listed specifically as having worked at “Custom House Branch” in Martins Bank Magazine. 

 

Sep 1.jpg

Liverpool.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Refit and Rebuild MBM-Au66FC.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Extract from Martins Bank Limited Annual Report and Accounts for 1926 – © Barclays

Sep 1.jpg

Image © BT 1935

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpgSep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1912 to 1913 Mr E H Denman  MBM-Sp49P05.jpg

1915 approx Mr H Monk MBM-Au52P52.jpg

1916 to 1919 Mr G P Wheaton joined the bank here MBM-Au60P49.jpg

1922 Mr J Roscoe joined the bank here MBM-Au65P59.jpg

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Mr E H Denman

On the Staff

1912 to 1913

Mr H Monk

On the Staff

1915

Mr G P Wheaton

Joined the Bank Here

1916 to 1919

Mr J Roscoe

Joined the Bank Here

1922

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-454 Bank of Liverpool and Martins Liverpool Custom House

Full Branch

21 Park Lane Liverpool 1

Liverpool

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1200

Bank 3411

Counter Service only

Mr H S Green Manager (Canning Place 1930 to 1935)

Sep 1.jpg

1899

18 December 1918

28 March 1927

1932

opened by the Bank of Liverpool

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Branch Closed and moved to 32 Canning Place

Building used as Martins Bank Stationery Department until 1968

Gutinfo.jpg