Sep 1.jpg

A Watford gap…

Sep 1.jpg

Image © BT 1959

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Refit and Rebuild MBM-Au66FC.jpgWatford Branch is opened in 1959 by Mr H Beeby, in temporary premises at Clarendon Road.  It will be almost four years before the move is made to 36 HIGH STREET, but this will be worth the wait and Martins Bank Magazine celebrates the new branch with a colour feature to show off the interior design. Clarendon Road operates to all intents and purposes as a full branch of the Bank, opening across the full six day banking week.  This is a very busy time for Martins, and by the time Watford moves to its new premises, sorting code numbers have been introduced, and the computerisation of Martins has been enthusiastically announced by Sir John Nicholson as part of the celebrations to mark the four-hundredth anniversary of the Bank.  The country’s largest drive-in bank has also been opened by Martins in Leicester.  It seems a lot can happen in four years…

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1959 to 1966 Mr H Beeby Manager MBM-Su66P03.jpg

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

Mr H Beeby

Manager

1959 to 1963

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-862 Watford

Temporary Branch

5 Dudley’s Corner Clarendon Road Watford Hertfordshire

478 London

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

Watford 29035

Nightsafe Installed

Mr H Beeby

1959

1963

2015

opened by Martins Bank Limited

Closed and moved to 36 High Street

This area has been redeveloped

Gutinfo.jpg