Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

image080Sidcup station Branch opens in 1967, and this little office is yet another example of the optimism of Martins Bank at this time in claiming as many high street shop fronts as it can.  As we now know, a large number of these new branches have an extremely limited shelf life, axed either just before or not long after the Barclays Merger.  Unfortunately not part of Barclays’ long terms plans for this part of Kent, Sidcup Station sub-Branch closes in 1969 – six  months ahead of the merger of Martins and Barclays – having provided five full days of banking each week for less than two years.  Never mind, at least we can cheer ourselves up and take what is after all a very rare chance to look inside Sidcup Station…

Sep 1.jpg

1967 Sidcup Station Exterior BGA Ref 33-506.jpg

Branch Images © Barclays Ref 0033/0506

Sep 1.jpg

1967 Sidcup Station Interior 2 BGA Ref 33-506.jpg

1967 Sidcup Station Interior 1 BGA Ref 33-506.jpg

Images © Barclays Ref 0033/0506

 

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-83-70 Sidcup Station

Sub to 11-83-70 Sidcup  

133 Station Road Sidcup Kent

408 London

Mon to Fri 1000-1500 

No Saturday Service

01 300 7001

Counter Service Only

Mr C H Piper Manager (Sidcup)

1967

June 1969

Currently

Opened by Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Chartered Surveyors / Estate Agency

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg