Sep 1.jpg

1966 Refit and Rebuild MBM-Au66FC.jpg

Martin's Private Bank

The town of Swanley is originally known as Swanley Junction, and Martins Bankís branch there is an original branch of Martinís Private Bank. In 1918 the newly created Bank of Liverpool and Martins Ltd has branches in the North AND South of England, and in Wales, and this is the catalyst that will lead to Martins becoming a fully national bank.Around twenty-two branches are based in the Kentish suburbs of London, and Kent itself.†† Swanley branch remains at 9 High Street until 1951 when it moves to larger premises at 17 High Street.A full branch, Swanley has sub offices at Farningham and Hextable.In our staff gallery below we show Swanley staff up to 1951.You can see all of the staff, including those after 1951 on our page for Swanley 17 High Street, where there are also details and links for each of the sub branches.

The retirement of Managers and some other staff members are usually covered by a long write-up describing a social event, and a head and shoulders photograph of the staff member themselves. In 1947 however, it seems that Martins Bank Magazine forgot to include in their Autumn Number, anything written at all for Mr Springate, who was retiring as Manager of Swanley Junction. The Winter Edition includes this photograph taken as his retirement gathering, but once again, there is no career summary or description of the event and retirement gift!

Sep 1.jpg

Too late for inclusion in our last issue, came this photograph of the happy gathering of the staff, which took place on the occasion of the retirement at the end of July of Mr A Springate, Manager of Swanley Branch.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1921 to 1932 Mr S E Lawrence Pro Manager in 1932 MBM-Su57P47.jpg

1932 to 1938 Mr K J Munro Pro Manager MBM-Wi59P47.jpg

1932 to 1947  Mr A Springate Manager MBM-Au47P39.jpg

1937 to 1940 Mr KF Postle joined the bank here MBM-Au64P05.jpg

1938 to 1947 MR J Gordon Pro Manager MBM-Wi56P48.jpg

1940 to 1942 Mr R J W Neale MBM-Sp66P04.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Mr S E Lawrence

On the Staff 1921-31

Pro Manager 1932

Mr K J Munro

Pro Manager

1932 to 1938

Mr A Springate

Manager

1932 to 1947

Mr K F Postle

Joined the Bank Here

1937 to 1940

Mr J Gordon

Pro Manager

1938 to 1947

Mr R J W Neale

On the Staff

1940 to 1942

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

1942 to 1943 Mr S Brookes MBM-Su66P03.jpg

1947 to 1966 Mr T M Haig Pro Manager MBM-Au66P49.jpg

1949 to 1951 Mr K B Lee joined the bank here MBM-Sp67P07.jpg

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Mr S Brookes

On the Staff

1942 to 1943

Mr T M Haig

Pro Manager

1947 to 1951

Mr K B Lee

Joined the Bank Here

1949 to 1951

 

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-784 Swanley Junction

Full Branch

9 High Street Swanley Kent

411 London

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

Swanley Junction 3274/5

Nightsafe Installed

Mr A Springate Manager (1947)

1894

18 December 1918

3 January 1928

1951

Martinís Private Bank

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed and moved to 17 High Street

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg