Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Sep 1.jpg

The Bank of Liverpool and Martins opens a branch in 1924, at 5 Station Parade in the area known as New Eltham. It will operate as a sub-Branch to Sidcup until being relocated to larger premises in Footscray Road in 1932. The Bank already has another Branch in the area, at 80 Eltham High Street - one of the original branches of Martinís Private Bank which joins with the Bank of Liverpool at the end of the First World War.New Eltham survives as a full Branch of Martins until it is closed for the Second World War but not re-opened.

 

Sep 1.jpg

1924 New Eltham Announced in ARA - MBA

Sep 1.jpg

Extracts Bank of Liverpool and Martins Annual Report and Accounts 1924 © Barclays

Sep 1.jpg

Image © B T 1932

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-738 London New Eltham SE9

Sub-Branch to Sidcup

5 Station Parade New Eltham London SE9

--- London

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

ELTham 1514

Counter Service Only

Not Known

3 November 1924

1928

1932

opened by the Bank of Liverpool and Martins at 5 Station Parade

Martins Bank Limited

Moved to 413 Footscray Road

Gutinfo.jpg