Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

The Bank of Liverpool and Martins originally opens a branch in the area known as New Eltham, in 1924 at 5 Station Road. In 1932 Martins Bank moves the Branch to 413 Footscray Road, where it remains until being closed – initially due to staff shortages – in World War 2, but without being re-opened. Martins Bank also has a branch at 80 Eltham High Street which is one of the original branches of Martin’s Private Bank which joins with the Bank of Liverpool in 1918.

Sep 1.jpg

1924 New Eltham Announced in ARA - MBA

Sep 1.jpg

Extracts Bank of Liverpool and Martins Annual Report and Accounts 1924 © Barclays

Sep 1.jpg

Image © B T 1932

Sep 1.jpg

New Eltham was originally a sub Branch to Sidcup, but on moving to new premises in 1932 it is made into a full Branch and is from that time listed in the London section of Martins Bank’s directories.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-602 London New Eltham SE9

Full Branch

413 Footscray Road London SE9

--- London

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

ELTham 1514

Counter Service Only

Not Known

1932

1942

Currently

Moved from station parade and upgraded to full Branch by Martins Bank

Closed for World War 2 but not re-opened

Dry Cleaning Outlet

Gutinfo.jpg