Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool

West Derby is one of a large number of  Liverpool suburban Branches that are opened in quick succession by the Bank of Liverpool during the late 1800s. We tend to think of urban sprawl as a twentieth century phenomenon, but in Liverpool it was well underway in the latter part of the nineteenth century.  Liverpool is itself growing rapidly at this time, and many parts of what we think of as being the City today, were once townships and villages scattered across the Merseyside area.  The branch opens at 23 Mill Lane in October 1893, and forty years later, as part of the modern day Martins Bank, the business is moved to premises at 39 MILL LANE.

Sep 1.jpg

Liverpool.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Refit and Rebuild MBM-Au66FC.jpg

 

1900 Listing in Gore's Directory - MBA

Extract from Gore’s Directory of Liverpool and Birkenhead Part II © 1900

Sep 1.jpg

 

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1905 Mr A D Thomas joined the service here MBM-Au47P14.jpg

1910 to 1921 Mr J B Drewsen Manager MBM-Su46P18.jpg

1919 to 1922 Mr R H Price MBM-Au47P10.jpg

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

Mr A D Thomas

Joined the Bank Here

1905

Mr J B Drewsen

Manager

1910 to 1921

Mr R H Price

On the staff

1919 to 1922

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

 

MARTINS BANK LIMITED

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

Martins Bank Limited 11-21-90 Liverpool West Derby

Full Branch

23 Mill Lane West Derby Liverpool 12

47 Liverpool

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

STAnley 1519

Nightsafe Installed

Mr C M Long Manager (1921 to 1932)

October 1893

18 December 1918

3 January 1928

1933

Recorded opened by the Bank of Liverpool at 23 Mill Lane

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Moved to 39 Mill Lane

Gutinfo.jpg