Sep 1.jpg

Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank

Sep 1.jpg

157 Scotland Road is one of only three Liverpool Branches of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank.  Out of the three, 38 Castle Street is the only one to survive beyond the Second World War – 157 Scotland Road is closed around 1937 when the business is moved to 200 SCOTLAND ROAD, and 19 South John Street receives a direct hit from the payload of a German bomber in 1941. 

Sep 1.jpg

Liverpool.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Image not available

Sep 1.jpg

img164

Image courtesy W N Townson Bequest

 

Sep 1.jpg

Under the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank, Scotland Road is a sub branch to South John Street under the control of Mr T F Ridge, but under Martins it is a full branch, first at 157 and later at 200 Scotland Road, until being downgraded to a sub branch in 1965.We have very little other information about the branch.  As ever we would love to find a picture, and if you can help with images or details about this or ANY of Martins Bank’s 930+ Branch Buildings, please do get in touch with us at the usual address – gutinfo@btinternet.com .

 

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1915 Mr A H Jones joined the bank here MBM-Wi59P48

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

Mr A H Jones

Joined the Bank Here

1915

 

 

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

MIDLAND BANK LIMITED

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

Martins Bank Limited 11-465 Liverpool Scotland Road

Full Branch

157 Scotland Road Liverpool

--- Liverpool

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

NORth 1980

Nightsafe installed

Mr T F Ridge (1922)

25 March 1906

3 January 1928

1937

opened by Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank

Martins Bank Limited

Closed and moved to 200 Scotland Road

Gutinfo.jpg