Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

Whilst the 1960s sees a rapid expansion of the branch network in the South of England, Martins Bank is at the same time busy consolidating its position in the North by adding new branches wherever it seems that business will be attracted to the Bank’s services.   That’s the plan, anyway, and in 1966 a new office of the Bank is opened at Knottingley, as a self-accounting sub-Branch to Pontefract.  When Barclays and Martins merge at the end of 1969, Knottingley is downdraded to the status of sub-Branch, but it does continue to serve the public until 1983…

Sep 1.jpg

In service: 1966 – 12 August 1983

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Knottingley Interior 1 BGA Ref 30-1531

Branch Images © Barclays Ref 0030/1531

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Knottingley Exterior BGA Ref 30-1531

1966 Knottingley Interior 2 BGA Ref 30-1531

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Mr DR Smith Clerk in Charge MBM-Au66P03.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Mr D R Smith

Clerk in Charge

1966 onwards

 

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

 

BARCLAYS BANK LIMITED

MARTINS BANK LIMITED

 

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

 

MIDLAND BANK LIMITED

2 Branches

YORKSHIRE BANK LIMITED

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

Martins Bank Limited 11-25-50 Knottingley

Self Accounting Sub to 11-83-60 Pontefract

17 The Arcade Hill Top Knottingley Yorkshire

637 Leeds

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

Knottingley 2972

Nightsafe Installed

Mr D R Smith Clerk in Charge

 

Sep 1.jpg

Kirkby Thore

1966

12 December 1969

12 August 1983

Opened by Martins Bank Limited

Downgraded to sub-Branch to Barclays Knottingley

Closed

Knutsford

Sep 1.jpg

M

Sep 1.jpg