Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

The Bank of Liverpool takes over the offices of the Craven Bank in 1906, and amongst them is the Branch at Church Street Colne. In 1926, and now titled The Bank of Liverpool and Martins, the Bank opens a sub branch at Colne’s Auction Mart.  This is perhaps in repsonse to the idea of Cattle Market Banking pioneered by the Cattle Trade Bank, which the Bank of Liverpool and Martins acquires in 1925.   Although many cattle market and auction mart branches were still open at the turn of the twenty-first century, time is called on Colne Auction Mart in 1931, after five short years in service…

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours :

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-199 Colne Auction Mart

Sub to 11-199 Colne Church Street

Auction Mart Colne Lancashire

106 Craven

Not Known

No Telephone

Counter Service

Mr G L Ayre Manager

1926

3 January 1928

1931

Opened by the Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg