Sep 1.jpg

On 24 October 1932, Martins Bank’s sumptuous Head Office throws open its doors for the very first time, and no doubt to gasps of surprise from all those seeing the opulence and breath-taking design on show everywhere, even in the smallest corner.  Four years after the establishment of the modern day Bank, Martins has a home of its own, free of historical baggage, and ready to make its mark on the World.  Even by today’s standards, the craftsmanship and technologies employed to bring us this gorgeous building, are quite astonishing – in particular the attention to methods of conserving energy and of using natural light to the best advantage. 

 

Martins Bank will not itself occupy the whole of the building, and offices on several floors are to be let, to provide the Bank with a long term income, and to make the new Head Office pay for itself.  A large sign is erected on the front of the building, and the following pamphlet is published, showing potetial tenants just what luxury they could enjoy from renting one or more of the “OFFICES TO BE LET”…

Sep 1.jpg

,Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

 

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg