Sep 1.jpg

Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank

Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank inherits Preston Cattle Market Branch, along with the main Branch at Fishergate, through the amalgamation of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank, with the Bank of Liverpool and Martins, which takes place at the beginning of 1928.  In common with a number of Martins Bank’s smaller branches, Preston Cattle Market closes for World War 2 and does not re-open.   The records of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank show that both Preston Branches are Managed in 1922 by Mr E K Maxwell (Manager) and Mr W R Hannah (Sub Manager). At the time the Cattle Market Branch is closed, Martins Bank’s Preston Manager is Mr C E Harris. Our picture comes courtesy of PRESTON DIGITAL ARCHIVE, and shows the Cattle Market as it was in 1936.  We currently have no images of the branch itself.

Sep 1.jpg

Image courtesy Preston Digital Archive

 

Extract from Martins Bank Annual Report and Accounts for 1938 © Barclays

Sep 1.jpg

 

If you can help with this or any of Martins’ 930+ Branches, please do get in touch with us at the usual address:  gutinfo@btinternet.com

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District6:

Hours:

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-676 Preston Cattle Market                                  

Sub to 11-676 Preston

Cattle Market Preston Lancashire

769 Preston

Not Listed

No Telephone

Counter Service Only

Mr C E Harris Manager (Preston 1939)

8 May 1884

3 January 1928

1940

Opened by Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank

Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg