Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Sep 1.jpg

The Bank of Liverpool and Martins opens a Branch in the Haymarket, Newcastle upon Tyne in 1923.  Previously – as the Bank of Liverpool – the Bank acquires a large network of Branches throughout the North East of England when it merges with the North Eastern Banking Company in 1914.  This brings a spectacular District Office at 22 Grey Street, and a scattering of City Branches.

Sep 1.jpg

 

Image © Barclays 1929

Sep 1.jpg

Image © BT 1929

Sep 1.jpg

There is also a network of town and village branches over a huge geographical area. New branches continue to be added in this part of the country almost until the merger of Martins Bank and Barclays in 1969. Haymarket Branch is not open for very long, being replaced in 1929 by new and larger premises at 91 Northumberland Street… 

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

http://www.martinsbank.co.uk/11-05-50%20Kendal%20Highgate_files/image051.jpg

1904 to 1905 Mr H R C Musgrave joined the service here MBM-Sp48P08

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Mr H R C Musgrave

Manager

1923 to 1929

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-608 Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket

Branch

3 Haymarket Newcastle upon Tyne 1

347 North Eastern

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0930-1130 

CENtral 5419

Counter Service

Mr H R C Musgrave Manager

1923

3 January 1928

1929

Opened by the Equitable Bank

Martins Bank Limited

Closed and business transferred to 91 Northumberland Street

Gutinfo.jpg