Sep 1.jpg

Adelphi Bank

Sep 1.jpg

The Adelphi Bank opens a branch at at 323 Chester Road Cornbrook in 1891 and eight years later merges with the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank. The Adelphi Bank opened several Manchester Branches, all of which will find their way into the portfolio of Martins Bank.

Sep 1.jpg

Image Barclays 1936

Sep 1.jpg

Image Barclays 1956

 

 

 

Cornbrook becomes a Branch of Martins in 1928. In 1957 Martins closes the original branch and moves across the road to Nos 248-250 Chester Road. Sadly we have no photograph of the original branch, and if you can help with images or memories relating to this or any of the 980+ buildings that housed Branches of Martins Bank over the years, please do get in touch with us at the usual address gutinfo@btinternet.com.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Mr F Sharples

On the Staff

1955 to 1962

 

 

 

 

 

Title:

Type:

 

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-539 Manchester Cornbrook

Self Accounting Sub to 11-00-60 Manchester City Office

323 Chester Road Manchester 15

724 Manchester

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

TRAfford Park 1910

Night Safe Installed

Mr G M V Earles Manager

1891

10 June 1899

3 January 1928

1957

opened by the Adelphi Bank

Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank

Martins Bank Limited

Closed and moved to 248-250 Chester Road

Gutinfo.jpg