Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool

Sep 1.jpg

A sub-Branch business at Steeton, near Keighley, is opened at the end of 1914 by the Bank of Liverpool, and is maintained for a number of years by the main branch at KEIGHLEY. Then, in 1937 SILSDEN Branch takes over as the parent branch. From opening to closedown, Steeton remains in service for a total of almost twenty-seven years until 1941, when it is mothballed for World War 2, but is subsequently not re-opened.

Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool and Martins Annual Report and Accounts 1925 Image Barclays

Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank Limited Annual Report and Accounts 1941 Image Barclays

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Image University of Leicester

We are missing the full address of this branch, but we do have these details of opening hours from the late 1920s - three and a half hours across a two day week, including Saturday Morning. From the records we have, we know that Keighley Manager Mr W B Naylor was in charge of Steeton from 1919 to 1926, and his successor Mr A E Willis was in place from 1926 to 1937. Then, when Silsden transferred to the care of Silsden Branch, it was managed from Silsden by Mr A Dewhirst from 1937 until this sub Branch was closed in 1941.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

 

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

Martins Bank Limited 11-398 Steeton

1914 - 1926 Sub to 11-398 Keighley

1926 1941 Sub to 11-741 Silsden

Station Road Steeton Keighley Yorkshire

108 Craven

Thursday 1130-1330

Saturday 1000-1130

No telephone

Counter Service Only

A Dewhirst Manager (Silsden 1941)

12 October 1914

18 December 1918

3 January 1928

1941

Leased by the Bank of Liverpool

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed for World War II Not reopened

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg

<,