Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Sep 1.jpg

You will see in the extract from that year’s Annual Report that in 1923, the Bank of Liverpool and Martins opened, closed and upgraded more than twenty branches in England and Wales.  Amongst these is a new Branch at St Annes on the Sea. Although the address given by the Bank is 37 St Annes Road West, the Blackpool Phonebook quotes “37 the Square”, which may possibly have been another name used for that part of the town.

Sep 1.jpg

Image © Barclays 1928

Sep 1.jpg

 

Image © BT 1928

 

 

When Martins Bank Limited is created in 1928 from the merger of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank with the Bank of Liverpool and Martins, a second St Annes on the Sea Branch – at 54 St Annes Road West – is inherited from the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank.  Martins Bank takes the decision to close 37 St Annes Road West by the end of 1928…

Sep 1.jpgSep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-719 St Annes on the Sea

Branch

37 St Annes Road West St Annes on the Sea Lancashire

775 Manchester

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0930-1130

St Annes on the Sea 368

Counter Service only

Mr R B Tillotson Manager

1923

3 January 1928

By end of 1928

Opened by The Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Gutinfo.jpg