Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

image002A new Branch at Richmond is opened by Martins Bank Limited in June 1928, just a few months after the amalgamation of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank with the Bank of Liverpool and Martins. This is a Branch that seems to be in a good location, but for one reason or another faces the axe quite early - 1937.  Others with a similar fate are Workington, closed in 1934, and Ripon, closed in 1935.  Apart from the image of one member of staff known to have worked at Richmond, we have no other details or pictures.  We are still digging into the past of this Branch, and if you can help with information about this or any of Martins Bank’s 930+ Branch buildings, please do get in touch with us at the usual address:

gutinfo@btinternet.com

Sep 1.jpg

Richmond

Sep 1.jpg1966 Refit and Rebuild MBM-Au66FC.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Extracts from Martins Bank Annual Report and Accounts © Barclays 1928

Sep 1.jpg

 

Image © B T 1929

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1932 to 1937 Mr R C Hall MBM-Sp58P46

BW Logo3

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

BW Logo

Sep 1.jpg

Mr R C Hall

Manager

1932 to 1937

 

 

x

Title:

Type:

Address:

District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-701 Richmond (Yorkshire)

Full Branch

Market Place Richmond Yorkshire

Leeds

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

Richmond 140

Counter Only

Not Known

Sep 1.jpg

image017

4 June 1928

1937

opened by Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Gutinfo.jpg