Sep 1.jpg

Palatine Bank

Sep 1.jpg

Oldham Union Street and the sub-Branch at nearby Werneth are original Branches of the Palatine Bank, which are absorbed into Bank of Liverpool and Martins in 1919. These are therefore well established offices by the time of the creation of Martins Bank Limited in 1928, when a THIRD Oldham branch arrives on the scene from the portfolio of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank.

 

Image Barclays 1929

 

Image BT 1930

As we have seen elsewhere in the Online Archive, duplication of branches often results in the closure of one or more Branches in a particular town, and in 1930 Martins Bank takes the decision to close Union Street in favour of the slightly more grand looking former Landcashire and Yorkshire Bank Branch in Yorkshire Street.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-644 Oldham Union Street

Branch

Union Street Oldham Lancashire

508 Manchester

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0930-1130 

Oldham 453

Counter Service

Mr S R Walker Manager

Pre 1919

30 December 1919

3 January 1928

1930

Opened by the Palatine Bank

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Gutinfo.jpg