Sep 1.jpg

Bank of Liverpool

Sep 1.jpg

Liverpool Exchange Branch is situated at No 1 Old Hall Street, and further along, at Nos 59/67 is the Banks Stationery Department which produces and provides stationery to all Martins Branches until 1968. The area has been completely redeveloped, and the modern day No 1 Old Hall Street is another of those steel brick and glass affairs that infect our cities today. Although we do have a number of staff to show you in the gallery below, we have little other information about Exchange Branch.

 

Sep 1.jpg

Liverpool.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Refit and Rebuild MBM-Au66FC.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Extract from Martins Bank Limited Annual Report and Accounts for 1929 Barclays

Sep 1.jpg

Image B T 1929

It is opened by the Bank of Liverpool in 1890 and lasts through the mergers and acquisitions that lead to the establishment of the modern day Martins Bank, until being closed in 1932 around the time that the new Head Office Building is completed and opened in Water Street.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1907 to 1908 Mr C H Billeau MBM-Au47P20.jpg

1908 to 1909 Mr F E Bold MBM-Su47P25.jpg

1912 Mr W S Roberts joined the bank here MBM-Au56P24.jpg

1918 approx to 1925 Mr H F R Boothman MBM-Su60P47.jpg

1919 to 1930 Mr E B Gillard MBM-Wi47P11.jpg

1925 approx Mr W H Ashcroft MBM-Su60P47.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr C H Billeau

On the Staff

1907 to 1908

Mr F E Bold

On the Staff

1908 to 1909

Mr W S Roberts

Joined the Bank Here

1912

Mr H F R Boothman

On the Staff

1918 to 1925

Mr E B Gillard

On the Staff

1919 to 1930

Mr W H Ashcroft

On the Staff

1925

Sep 1.jpg

 

BARCLAYS BANK LIMITED

38 Old Hall Street (Foreign Branch)

MARTINS BANK LIMITED

1 Old Hall Street (Branch)

59/67 Old Hall Street (Stationery)

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

Martins Bank Limited 11-456 Liverpool Exchange

Full Branch

1 Old Hall Street Liverpool

Liverpool

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1200

Bank 428

Counter Service Only

Not Known

1 January 1890

18 December 1918

3 January 1928

1932

Currently

Opened by the Bank of Liverpool

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed

This area has been redeveloped

Gutinfo.jpg