Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank opens its Branch at 2 Hardshaw Street St Helens in April 1949. Ten years later the building is due to be demolished and rebuilt as part of the new Town Centre plans. The Branch Staff is moved temporarily to 21 Church Street, where business is transacrted for almost two years before the move back to hardshaw Street. It is not suprising then, that we have no pictorial evidence of this short lived Branch, and no mention of it in Martins Bank Magazine.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

1966 Refit and Rebuild MBM-Au66FC.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

St Helens Church Street

Image B T 1959

 

 

If you have any memories or images of 21 Church Street as a temporary Branch of Martins Bank, please do get in touch with us at the usual address gutinfo@btinternet.com.

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

x

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index No and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-34-70 St Helens

Temporary Full Branch

21 Church Street St Helens Lancashire

81 Liverpool

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0900-1130

St Helens 27447

Counter Service

Mr R Scott Manager

Sub Branches

http://www.martinsbank.co.uk/11-50-00%20Bedlington_files/image034.jpg

11-34-70 RAINFORD

1959

1961

Opened By Martins Bank Limited

Closed and business moved back to 2Hardshaw Street

Gutinfo.jpg

<,