Sep 1.jpg

Martins Bank 1928+

Sep 1.jpg

The Bank of Liverpool and Martins opens a branch at Field House, Throckley in 1922, but it is closed by Martins Bank in 1936.  It is not until 1967 that Martins turns its attention once more to this area of Newcastle upon Tyne, and opens a new office there, this time at Allendale House. The combined service of the two sub-Branches is twenty six years. Throckley operates as a sub branch to Newburn across the full six day banking week. It survives the merger with Barclays, and stays open for a further ten years…

Sep 1.jpg

Image © Barclays Ref 30/2923

Sep 1.jpg

1960 s Throckley Interior 1 BGA Ref 30-2923.jpg

1960 s throckley Interior 2 BGA Ref 30-2923.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Images © Barclays Ref 30/2973

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-33-60 Throckley                                          

Sub to 11-33-60 Newburn

Allendale House Hexham Road Throckley Newcastle 05

346 North Eastern

Mon to Fri 1000-1500

Saturday 0930-1130

Lemington 674172

Counter Service Only

Mr R W Wilson Manager (Newburn)

23 October 1967

15 December 1969

29 June 1979

Currently

Opened by Martins Bank Limited

Barclays Bank Limited 20-59-12 Newburn

Closed

Tattooist

Sep 1.jpg

Gutinfo.jpg